Help your engine run better and last longer with proper lubrication.
Your engine is the heart of your car. Keeping your engine properly lubricated reduces friction, heat buildup and wear. This means that good engine lubrication maintenance will help your engine run better and last longer.
Proper lubrication of an engine is a complex process.
Motor oil must perform many functions under many different operating conditions. The primary functions of oil are:
- Provide a barrier between moving parts to reduce friction, heat buildup and wear.
- Disperse heat. Friction from moving parts and combustion of fuel produce heat that must be carried away.
- Absorb and suspend dirt and other particles. Dirt and carbon particles need to be carried by the oil to the oil filter where they can be trapped.
- Neutralize acids that can build up and destroy polished metal surfaces.
- Coat all engine parts. Oil should have the ability to leave a protective coating on all parts when the engine is turned off to prevent rust and corrosion.
- Resist sludge and varnish buildup. Oil must be able to endure extreme heat without changing in physical properties or breaking down.
- Stay fluid in cold weather; yet remain thick enough to offer engine protection in hot weather.
STP® oil additive products help protect your engine.
Additives provide most of these functions. “Base” motor oil is always blended with additives to help provide a more complete package of engine protection. This is also true with synthetic oils.
Over time, the additives in motor oils can get used up, and the level of protection to your engine can diminish. This is especially true in severe driving conditions. Oil treatment products from the STP® brand can help to replenish or maintain a level of additive protection for your engine.
How to maintain the power, performance, reliability and efficiency of your vehicle.
Check your oil level with every fill-up.
Try STP® Oil Treatment with every oil change, every 5,000 kilometres.
STP® Oil Treatment fights metal-to-metal friction by providing a thicker cushion between moving engine parts in all cars, light trucks and SUVs.